Saturday, August 27, 2011

Household Work Schedule

For the past year or so I've been brainstorming ways to visually represent a cleaning/work schedule for my daily tasks.  I just can't keep it all organized inside my head.  There must be limited space. :)

After not much success getting my ideas onto paper, I must credit The Humdrum Hero for giving me a visual idea to jump from.  Thank you!

And now my brainchild is born, test tube style I guess since I didn't do it on my own.  Each day has a few tasks listed.  My focus on cleaning will be these items. If I don't get time, no biggie, as HH wisely told me, it's more likely to get done next week because it's visually there and planned on.  The list below the weekday schedule is to give ideas for what needs to be done on say.. "dusting" day.  This way my kids can pick different chores, and we don't forget about something, having it visual reminds me to do it.  Not everything under "dusting" is going to get done every week, but this way it all stands a better chance of getting done more often.

I want to be clear on my disclaimer.  Lest anyone get discouraged because this looks so organized and fool proof, remember, this is a guideline.  I don't really expect that every week (or any week) that I'll get everything on this list done, (and I have yet to do the meal planning.  That's just there to try and motivate me.  I want to... I do... I just don't want to.).  It's merely a visual guideline so that as my day begins I don't ever have that blank thought of... "now what was it I needed to do today..."


1 comment:

  1. I am so struggling in this area. I need to get ahold of myself and just. do. it. (Make a schedule) So far I did write down all the cleaning things I do when I clean the whole place. Now I just need to organize it. This should help.

    ReplyDelete