Monday, August 8, 2011



Eat Your Greens!

Recently I found a way to eat my greens more consistently. I love salad, but don't like to compile it every day. I found that if I use my food processor to grate a few cups worth of carrots and just keep them in the fridge in a container, I can quickly make any amount of lettuce into a salad. After all, in my books the main ingredients for salad are carrots and greens, all else is delicious, but optional. If you exclude things like cucumbers and tomatoes, you can also keep salad in a zipper bag for at least a week in the fridge. The carrots do go bad eventually, if I discover how long, I'll put that here.

Yummy Salad Additions:
Any additional greens, spinach, cabbage, endive, etc
Small croutons
mandarin oranges or pineapple
grated parmesan cheese
thin sliced small zuchini





Also, I've abandoned store bought dressing for the home mixed variety, SO much better! Delicious. These shaker bottles are ideal, I got them from Tupperware (no affiliation), the only place I could find good ones. Don't bother with the imitations.

My 2 favorite vinaigrettes:
Balsamic
Red Wine Vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment